Week In Review
- 327 Hospital Admissions and 103 patients in ICU
- Hospital admissions were down 11 for the week (-11).
- The total number of ICU patients increased by 8, +8 for the week.
- Cumulatively there have been 602,265 positive tests in Wisconsin:
- 4,118 positive tests reported last week, which is 240 less, (240) from the previous week.
- The 7-day average for positive tests is now 588+/day. (7-day average was 622+/day last week)
- Deaths from COVID-19 are at 6,884in Wisconsin.
- 61 COVID-19 related deaths this past week, (24) less than the week prior.
- The 7-day average for deaths is 9 deaths/day (7-day average was 12 deaths/day last week).
- 586,569 patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are listed as having recovered (97.4%), 8,546 cases are still considered active (1.4% and -533 versus last week) and 6,884 patients have died (1.1%). (last updated by DHS on 5/7)
- Vaccine Distribution (reported as of 5/7/21 on DHS website )
- 4,622,855 vaccines have been administered (an increase of +206,021 since last week)
- 2,564,935 Wisconsinites (44.1%) have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine series (+55,991 over last week, +1.0%)
- 2,117,418 Wisconsinites (36.4%) have completed their vaccine series. (An increase of +151,763 since last week, +2.6%)
Positive Test Results
- There were 4,118 new positive tests reported last week, which is a decrease of 240, (240) from the previous week.
- An average of 588 positive test results per day. Was 622+/day the previous week.
- Milwaukee county had the highest number of new positive cases with 767 new positives, 15 less, (15) than the previous week.
- Dane county came in with the second highest number of new cases, 315, which is 71 less, (71) than the previous week.
- Rounding out the top five counties with the most positive new cases were;
- Racine county; 213 new cases, (7) less than the previous week
- Rock county; 210 new cases, (73) less than the previous week
- Waukesha county; 194 new cases, (69) less than the previous week
- There were 61 COVID-19 related deaths, (24) less than the week prior.
- Racine county had 5 of the 61 deaths, the +2 more than reported the previous week.
- Brown county reported 4 deaths, (1) less than week prior
- La Crosse county reported 4 deaths, +3 from week prior
- Sheboygan county reported 4 deaths, +2 from week prior
Updated Charts as of 5/7/21