Week In Review
- 353 Hospital Admissions and 108 patients in ICU
- Hospital admissions were up 44 for the week (+44).
- The total number of ICU patients increased by 22 (+22) for the week.
- Cumulatively there have been 593,789 positive tests in Wisconsin:
- 4,576 positive tests reported last week, which is 702 less, (702) from the previous week.
- The 7-day average for positive tests is now 653+/day. (7-day average was 754+/day last week)
- Deaths from COVID-19 are at 6,738 in Wisconsin.
- 35 COVID-19 related deaths this past week, +4 more than the week prior.
- The 7-day average for deaths is 5 deaths/day (7-day average was 4 deaths/day last week).
- 577,684 patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are listed as having recovered (97.3%), 9,099 cases are still considered active (1.5% and -96 versus last week) and 6,738 patients have died (1.1%). (last updated by DHS on 4/23)
- Vaccine Distribution (reported as of 4/23/21 on DHS website )
- 4,125,027 vaccines have been administered (an increase of +431,828 since last week)
- 2,417,622 Wisconsinites (41.5%) have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine series (+177,716 over last week)
- 1,769,406 Wisconsinites (30.4%) have completed their vaccine series. (An increase of +265,239 since last week)
Positive Test Results
There were 4,576 new positive tests reported last week, which is a decrease of 702, (702) from the previous week.
- An average of 653 positive test results per day. Was 754+/day the previous week.
Milwaukee county had the highest number of new positive cases with 983 new positives, 88 less, (88) than the previous week.
- Dane county came in with the second highest number of new cases, 441, which is 131 less, (131) than the previous week.
- Rounding out the top five counties with the most positive new cases were;
- Waukesha county; 273 new cases, (96) less than the previous week
- Rock county; 207 new cases, (13) less than the previous week
- St. Croix county; 184 new cases, (31) less than the previous week
- There were 35 COVID-19 related deaths, +4 more than the week prior.
- Milwaukee county had 7 of the 35 deaths, the same number reported the previous week.
- Waukesha county reported 5 deaths, -2 from week prior
- Washington county reported 3 deaths, +4 from week prior
- Dane county reported 3 deaths, +3 from week prior
- Sheboygan and Adams counties each reported 2 deaths, +2 for both counties over the previous week.
Updated Charts as of 4/23/21