Week In Review
- 309 Hospital Admissions and 86 patients in ICU
- Hospital admissions were up 19 for the week (+19).
- The total number of ICU patients increased by 12 (+12) for the week.
- Cumulatively there have been 589,213 positive tests in Wisconsin:
- 5,278 positive tests reported last week, which is 70 less, (70) from the previous week.
- The 7-day average for positive tests is now 754+/day. (7-day average was 764+/day last week)
- Deaths from COVID-19 are at 6,703 in Wisconsin.
- 31 COVID-19 related deaths this past week, (8) less than the week prior.
- The 7-day average for deaths is 4 deaths/day, which is (2) less/day than week prior.
- 573,071 patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are listed as having recovered (97.3%), 9,195 cases are still considered active (1.6% and +629 versus last week) and 6,703 patients have died (1.1%). (last updated by DHS on 4/16)
- Vaccine Distribution (reported as of 4/16/21 on DHS website )
- 3,669,405 vaccine doses allocated to Wisconsin (+304,840 more than week prior) (Last updated on DHS website on 4/13)
- 3,693,199 vaccines have been administered (an increase of +312,798 since last week) (Last updated on DHS website on 4/15)
- 2,239,906 Wisconsinites (38.5%) have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine series (+150,380 over last week) (Last updated on DHS website on 4/15)
- 1,504,167 Wisconsinites (25.8%) have completed their vaccine series. (An increase of +173,696 since last week) (Last updated on DHS website on 4/15)
Positive Test Results
There were 5,278 new positive tests reported last week, which is a decrease of 70, (70) from the previous week.
- An average of 754 positive test results per day. Was 764+/day the previous week.
Milwaukee county had the highest number of new positive cases with 1,071 new positives, 73 more, +73 than the previous week.
- Dane county came in with the second highest number of new cases, 572, which is 8 less, (8) than the previous week.
- Rounding out the top five counties with the most positive new cases were;
- Waukesha county; 369 new cases, (96) less than the previous week
- Rock county; 220 new cases, +19 more than the previous week
- Brown county; 218 new cases, +60 more than the previous week
- There were 31 COVID-19 related deaths, (8) less than the week prior.
- Milwaukee and Waukesha county had 7 of the 31 deaths from the last week, which is +5 more for Waukesha county and +1 more for Milwaukee county than reported the previous week.
- Jefferson county reported 2 deaths, -1 from week prior
- There were 17 counties that reported 1 death
Updated Charts as of 4/16/21